About Kelly Collar
They say you have just one chance to make a first impression. I've been helping clients make first impressions for more than 20 years. I opened my freelance graphic design business in 2003, after working for many years in marketing and public relations. Before striking out on my own, I was director of public information for the Vermont State Colleges, where I managed all of the system’s marketing, publicity and outreach.
After nearly a decade with the state colleges, I built my client list with colleagues from Vermont’s public and private colleges. While much of my work has centered on higher education institutions, I’ve worked with a wide range of organizations, from a start-up composting business to a small engineering firm to one of the largest coffee distributors in the region.
What is the best part of my job? Developing relationships with my clients—working together to pinpoint their needs and come up with a beautiful and effective way to meet them, whether through words, images or a combination of both.
A native Virginian, I have a degree in communication from the University of Virginia, and I’ve completed graduate work in visual design at Vermont College of Fine Arts.
Hire Me for Your Next Project
Mad River Creative is ready to work with you on your next communications project. Please give me a brief description of what you have in mind, and I'll get back to you with an estimate.
Partial Client List
- Vermont Law School
- VLS Center for Agriculture and Food Systems
- Goddard College
- Vermont Technical College
- Grow Compost
- Connecticut Farm Energy Program
- Ensave, Inc.
- Regulatory Assistance Project
- Vermont Society of Land Surveyors
- National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Colchester Public Schools
- Orange Southwest Supervisory Union
- Windsor Southeast Supervisory Union
- Montpelier Public Schools
- Addison Southwest Supervisory Union
- Rutland South Supervisory Union
- Vermont Manufacturing Extension Center
- Career Education and Workforce Development Center
- Randolph Technical Career Center
- Vermont Tech Enterprise Center
- Johnson State College
- Kinney-Pike Insurance
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters